Value of Connection
If you want to lose twenty pounds, who do you ask for help? You
might choose to get help from a book on how to lose weight, hire
a personal trainer or, better yet, ask someone who has already lost
One of the most important ingredients to achieving what you want
for yourself is connecting with others who have achieved the kind
of success you would like to achieve. This is not purely cliché.
There is a strong element of truth to this.
If you want to be in an intimate relationship, it would be wise
to spend time with friends who are already in intimate relationships
themselves. Even if you don’t find a perfect relationship
right away, watching friends who are in intimate relationships would
at least trigger a stronger desire in you to have something similar.
It would influence you to step out of your single status because
you want to have what your friends have.
Connecting with others with similar goals and values is one of
the key ingredients to getting what you want. If you want to start
you own business, join an organization that supports business starters.
Joining or starting an organization will help you establish contacts
with people with similar goals. Practically speaking, it will allow
you to stay focused as well as get support. Spiritually, it will
allow you to exchange energy with like-minded people who are on
the same path and therefore add more “success energy”
to the energy you already have. The combined energy of several individuals
is stronger than just one person’s energy.
Here are some key elements to consider when starting a group to
enrich your connections:
- Make a list of your goals and then look at the quality of connections in your life.
- Do you have people in your life who support you when you need to take the next step toward your goals?
- Who do you talk to when you are afraid of taking the next step?
- Look for organizations with individuals that have already achieved the kind of success you would like to achieve. Chances are people who have already achieved what you want will be in a better position to support you in achieving your goals.
If you don’t have great connections in your life,
brainstorm to see how you can find those people who will support
you in your goals. Ask yourself:
- Do you need to join a group or organization?
- Do you have a friend you need to connect with on a consistent basis?
- Do you need the support of a coach or mentor in your life?
Give yourself the gift of contacting that person, joining that organization and making the commitment to connect with them on a regular basis. Make a note in your daily organizer to contact that person or research that organization before the end of the week. You will be surprised at how fast you will progress toward achieving your goals when you record the things you have to do (contact the person, research the organization) in your daily organizer and follow through.
Zahra Efan is a Life and Success Coach who specializes in helping women achieve their dreams. To book a complimentary coaching session give Zahra a call at 604.582.7759 or visit our web at www.zahraefan.com.